Mexico’s ski racing uniform wins the Olympics.
As soon as I saw him I knew I had to know more about him. Besides having the best uniform, Hubertus von Hohenlohe, Mexico’s only athlete at the Winter Olympics, turns out he’s quite a character full of surprises.
- He’s a 55 year old German prince whose grandfather, Kaiser Franz II, was the last Holy Roman emperor. He was born in Mexico, that’s why he can represent the country
- He is fluent in five languages
- An artist himself, he friended Andy Warhol at Studio 54
- He is the heir to an automobile fortune. His father introduced Volkswagen into Mexico
- He is a musician who has put out eight records so far, including this 2013 track “Higher Than Mars”
- He will be the second-oldest winter Olympian in history when he hits the Sochi slopes in his mariachi-inspired uniform.
- Since 2006, more than 95,000 service members have been sexually assaulted in the U.S. military
- More than 86% of service members do not report their assault
- Less than five percent of all sexual assaults are put forward for prosecution, and less than a third of those cases result in imprisonment
On Netflix now.
Tell me again about how women are privileged because only men have to join the army